Supporting Seattle's Largest Dog Park
When visiting any Seattle-area dog park, please observe the following rules, provided by Seattle Parks and Recreation and the City of Seattle Municipal Code:
- You are liable for damage or injury inflicted by your dog(s) (SMC 18.12.080).
- You must be in control of your dog(s) at all times (SMC 18.12.080).
- You must muzzle dogs that exhibit dangerous or aggressive behavior; biting, fighting, and excessive barking are not allowed (SMC 9.25.024).
- You must leash your dog when it is outside the off-leash area; you must carry a leash for each dog while you are inside the off-leash area (SMC 9.25.084 and 12.18.080).
- You must clean up after your dog(s) and deposit feces in the containers at the site, and you must visibly carry scoop equipment (SMC 9.25.082 and 18.12.080).
- You must closely supervise young children.
- Bring food into off-leash areas at your own risk.
- Leave bicycles outside off-leash area.
- Unattended dogs are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Owners who see unattended dogs or other rule violations should call Animal Control at 206-386-7387, Ex 2.
- Females in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas (SMC 9.25.084).
- Puppies younger than 4 months of age are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Your dog must be licensed and vaccinated to visit the off-leash park. (SMC 9.25.080 and 12.18.080).
- Please remove prong collars and choke chains when your dog enters the park.
Rules and Responsibilities